What is the framework?
A framework is nothing but the software developed and used by the developers for creating various applications. The word ‘frame’ refers to design and ‘work’ reflects the efforts of a designer to build any software applications. The framework acts as a tool that allows a developer to code clearly and precisely. Several experienced software engineers and programmers build, test, and optimize frameworks that’s y they are versatile and robust. With the help of a framework, you can add a high level of functionality to the applications. To develop more understanding of the framework, let’s discuss the PHP framework.
What is a PHP Framework and how we should use it?
As we know, PHP is the most widely used scripting language because of its flexibility and easy-to-use. It allows you to develop massive web applications. Likewise, a PHP framework provides a basic platform to develop numerous web applications. In very simple words, the framework of PHP programming language offers a structure to make web development more efficient. Furthermore, it saves plenty of time, restricts repetitive coding, and promotes rapid application development (RAD). You also need to understand the relationship between database and application to be developed. Through the framework, it gets easy to manage this connection.
The working of the PHP framework is based on the Model View Controller (MVC). It provides an architectural pattern to design the user interface and divides the related program logic into three interconnected fundamentals. Doing so will help to separate information, that needs to be presented and interpreted by the user. The term model view controller in which the model reflects data, a view refers to the presentation layer, and the controller describes the application or business logic. A better understanding of MVC will help to grab the functionality of the PHP framework. This framework has the following advantages:
- The framework helps to work with complicated codes.
- Users can perform testing and debugging the code easily.
- It supports standardized coding, less bugging, and flexible code.
- It also binds discrete elements into more useful objects.
Why one should use a PHP framework?
One of the main reasons for using a PHP framework is to speed the development process. It saves time and effort by reusing the code across similar projects. With the help of the framework, developers can focus on creating the actual application instead of building the same modules for every project.
Another reason for choosing the framework is stability. You should know that developers use PHP because of its simplicity. But, it is put negative impact as beginners can’t realize bad code and hamper application security. Thus, you need to be careful while using this scripting language and make sure to check every loophole. And, the framework could be a great help in this case.
A more important point to note is the extensive availability of PHP frameworks. There are various frameworks are available to choose or you can create your own. Before creating any framework, you should examine your project requirements.
Most popular PHP frameworks you should know
Released in 2011, laravel is a brilliant web application framework. It has amazing features such as RESTful routing, native PHP, and many more. It also has an expressive and elegant syntax that helps in authentication, sessions, caching, queueing, and so on. Mostly, laravel is used for large enterprise-level applications and provides a solid foundation of well-tested and reliable code. It’s compatible with Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, and SQLite. Laravel has the following features:
- It connects and manages client/server routes with RESTful routing.
- It has inherent database control.
- With the help of composing, it allows you to manage third party packages applications.
- It helps you to control robust applications for control containers, migration systems, and integrated unit testing.
- It offers flexible features to build each website whether they are small or huge.
CakePHP offers wonderful features and enhanced components. It also provides improved session management, conventions consistency, and ORM improvements. Using CakePHP, you can build more standalone libraries along with coupling and composer to enhance interoperability. Get the following features using the CakePHP framework:
- It has a code generation feature, allowing a faster web application process.
- Users can set up databases without any complicated file configurations.
- It is best suited for commercial applications and provides access to the database and caching.
- To develop the application process, it comes packaged with clean MVC conventions
- With the help of this framework, you can handle every aspect of your application and make it more consistent and logical.
- For application safety and security, CakePHP offers built-in tools for validation and protection against SQL injection.
CodeIgniter seems best if you need an elegant toolkit to design fully featured and impressive web applications. It comes with clear documentation and provides nearly zero-configuration, a huge set of libraries, no restrictive coding, compatible with standard hosting, and no requirement of complex applications. Read the following features to know more about this framework:
- It is a remarkable framework for new coders as it is easy to learn.
- This framework requires a few small libraries that’s y it is exceptionally.
- It needs zero configuration and provides higher performance.
- CodeIgniter uses the MVC approach and offers needed distribution between logic and presentation.
- It is best applicable for designers who work on template files.
Symfony is one of the PHP frameworks that make building web applications faster as well as their maintenance. It includes a set of elements to make your application more workable and combines with a clear methodology for tackling the most complicated tasks. In case, you need to build a complex application, you can choose the Full Stack (complete) version. It is also based on MVC (Model View Controller) framework. Symfony framework has the following exclusive features:
- It offers smart URLs, caching, code generation, automated validation, and Ajax features.
- It provides sustainability, stability, and flexibility in one framework.
- In this framework, you can create and customize features according to your requirements.
Zend provides an open-source platform to develop high-performance web applications with the help of object-oriented code. It is also called a component library and offers more or less independently secure coding tools to work on various web app development projects. It includes various features such as extensibility, modularity, and active community. To know more about Zend, read the following features:
- It provides the most efficiently API-centric applications.
- It also offers inherent excellent streamlining and developing the process for software development.
- In order to test case reports and codes, it provides online debugging and integrated unit testing tools.
Now, you have ideas of the PHP framework and its popularity. If still, you have questions, you can use our PHP assignment help and share concerns with our experts.