Essay writing is a way to project your ideas and thoughts in a definite format. It reflects authors’ arguments and perspectives on a particular subject. It can be nonfiction and fiction according to subject choice. Now, the question is how to write a short essay?
As it seems sophisticated to write a short essay, it may create panic in your mind. If you are out of thought or don’t know how to present your viewpoints briefly, you couldn’t make it.
Step-By-Step Approach On How To Write A Short Essay
We can help to compose short and engaging essays with the following steps. We are not only focusing on writing short essays but also need to make them more engaging. Some probable steps could be:
Step 1: Choose your topic wisely
The very first thing visible to your professor or reader is your topic. The engagement of your essay depends on the choice of your title. If you are working on a short essay, make sure to use short topics as well.
- Don’t go for length topic to write
- The topic should be engaging
- Make sure you need less research work
- Your topic should reflect the subject value
- Try to use current research for topic selection
Step 2: Outline your work precisely
Everything comes with a definite format. Likewise, essays also require a properly organized way to share information. Essay writing is another significant style of describing perspectives. Therefore, you should focus on outlining your essay to make it more readable.
- Use headings & subheadings wherever needed
- Put examples to justify your arguments
- Divide sections properly
- Don’t unnecessary elaborate any part of easy
- Cover your introduction and conclusion 2 to 3 lines
Step 3: Say no to elaborative approach
In this step, you need to realize that you are working on how to write a short essay; so, don’t go for an elaborative approach. Always try to describe your arguments as short as possible. An elaborative approach is not good for short essays.
- Define everything shortly
- Use points or bullets
- Use short paragraphs
- Avoid long story written pieces
Step 4: Check essay relevancy
Relevancy shares the connection between your selected topic and described information. Make sure your connection should be strong while writing your essay. It will engage your audience till the end. Relevancy is a very crucial factor to keep in mind when you want to present a good essay.
- Stick to facts & figures
- Focus on the central idea of an essay
- Read twice to check every bit of information
- Title and information should match
Step 5: Watch the tone of writing
Another important step in essay writing is to watch the tone of your writing. It should not be too aggressive. Present your viewpoints in a very positive tone so readers get a good impression after reading them. If you need to answer a question, simply write the answer without asking for another question.
- Use active voice
- Create a positive impression
- Strengthen confidence
- Avoid aggressive writing
- Asking too many questions is not good
Step 6: Proofread your complete essay
Without proofreading, it will be risky to submit your assignment. Reviewing will help you to check out the mistakes and errors in your essays. Read your write-up twice and correct the errors before making the final submission.
- Read your essay twice before submitting
- You can use online tool to check errors
- If possible, proofread your essay with a relaxed mind.
- Take the help of your friend to get extra advice
Tips on How to Write a 100-Word Essay
Another challenging task for writing an essay is how to write a 100-word essay. It seems easy but it is challenging. This is because you have to cut down every piece of information into small pieces. You can follow the below tips to write a 100-word essay:
- Understand your topic type and writing style
- Define your essay structure in your mind.
- Make a short body paragraph including one or two paragraphs.
- Conclude your essay in 2 to 3 lines.
- Recheck your work.
- Don’t focus too much on word count otherwise, you will lose the message.
Writing an essay will become easy when you have complete ideas on how to write it. Conduct proper research before pen down how to write a short essay.
Pay attention to each step while writing your essay. You will become a good assignment expert if you follow everything precisely. So, be patient and focus on writing to boost your skills.