A successful businessman is one who knows how to research. Researching can be a difficult task, especially if you don’t know where to start and what your professors want. Lucky for you, we have compiled this list of 100 Business Research Topics that will impress any professor. You’ll find topics from all different time periods and with varying difficulty levels.
What is business research?
Business research is the process of gathering, analyzing, and reporting information relevant to a business or organizational problem. It can be used to help make decisions about issues such as pricing, advertising, product lines, or new market opportunities. Business researchers use a variety of methods, including surveys, focus groups, interviews, and statistical analysis, to gather data.
The Quickest, Simplest Way to Find Business Research Topics
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to find business research topics, your professor probably has a list of topics they want students to choose from. Alternatively, you can look online for ideas. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) website is a good place to start. Their site includes information on starting and running a business as well as a list of research topics to choose from.
Other Ways to Find Business Research Topics
There are many different ways you can search for ideas for your next paper or presentation, but sometimes it’s best just to sit down and brainstorm. Don’t be afraid if the first couple of things you think up don’t sound promising – that’s why brainstorming is so important! Some ideas to help you get started:
Think about what kind of business experience you have. List everything you’ve learned, either through work or school, that relates to the topic at hand.
If your professor gave you a specific topic, look it up online and see if there’s anything interesting hiding just below the surface.
Many people are surprised to find that they can choose their own topics for research papers or presentations, but it’s true! It may take some time, but you’ll be able to come up with a topic that is interesting and relevant to your career goals. Keep in mind what your professor likes – if you’re unsure about what they’re looking for, ask them.
International Business Research Topics
International business research is an important part of any company’s success. It can be difficult to know where and how you should start, but there are many useful topics that will help in your quest for knowledge about international trade issues like customs regulations or economic trends around the world.
- Surviving International Competition. A critical analysis of the Strategic Measures Employed by Local Companies
- The Effect of Culture on International Business Ethics
- The Role of Social Media in International Marketing
- International Trade and Investment Law: A Historical Overview
- Pros and Cons of Protectionism in an Era of Globalization
- Brexit – Implications for British and European Businesses
- Greenfield Investments Versus Acquisitions in Emerging Markets: A Comparison and Critique
- The Role of the World Trade Organization in Global Economic Development: A Case Study on Subsidies, Countervailing Measures and Antidumping Duties
Business Management Research Topics
With so many features and functionality of business management, it can be a daunting task to find something that’s hotly debated. Here are 10 good topics for your next research paper in this field.
- The Pros and Cons of Outsourcing Business Management Functions
- Employee Engagement – What Works, What Doesn’t
- Business Process Redesign – To Outsource or Not to Outsource
- Building a High-Performance Team: How to Do It Effectively
- The Role of the Leader in Business Process Improvement
- Employee retention in a tightening job market
- Creating a Learning Organization – Strategies and Tactics
- Managing Multiple Bosses (or Teams) – Tips and Tactics
- Organizational Culture and Its Impact on Business Performance
- The Importance of Employee Training and Development
Technology Management Research Topics
From cyber security to big data, there are many different aspects of technology management that can make for an interesting research topic. Here are Ten to get you started.
- The Impact of Technology on Business Processes
- Cyber Security – Threats and Solutions
- Big Data – Collection, Analysis, and Use Cases
- Cloud Computing – Advantages and Disadvantages for Businesses
- Social Media Policies in the Workplace – Pros and Cons
- Technology Management Issues Facing SMEs
- The Role of Technology in Sustainability
- Emerging Technologies – What Businesses Should Consider Implementing
- Technology Planning for Businesses – Tips and Tactics
- Telecommunications Management in Business – Issues and Solutions
Business Proposal Research Topics
The business culture is taking over the present reality. With it, there are many worries and issues because of how we approach our day-to-day actions. Everybody is involved in some type of business. The following are some business proposal topics to help you think about that idea.
- How to Start a Business on a Shoestring Budget
- Business Planning for Dummies
- The Importance of Good Customer Service in Any Business
- Marketing Your Business – Traditional and Digital Strategies
- Starting an Online Business – The Risks and Rewards
- Choosing the Right Legal Structure for Your Business
- Financing Your Business – Tips and Tactics
- Running Your Business on a Budget
- The Importance of Corporate Culture in a Business
- How to Succeed as an Entrepreneur – Advice from the Pros
Business Speech Research Topics
Business speeches are important for any organization, whether it’s to motivate employees or give a presentation. It is also useful in building confidence and public speaking skills. The following topics should help you make the next great speech.
- The Importance of Public Speaking Skills
- Tips on Writing an Effective Business Speech
- TED Talks: Tips & Tricks for Giving a Great Speech
- The Power of Persuasion in Business Speaking
- Delivery Techniques for a Powerful Business Speech
- How to Organize Your Thoughts When Giving a Business Speech
- Confidence Building Tips for Public Speakers
- Handling Q&A Sessions After Your Business Speech
- Staying Calm and Focused During a Business Presentation
- How to Answer Difficult Questions During a Business Speech
- Types of Public Speeches for Different Occasions
- A History of the American Businessman
- The Evolution of the American Workplace
- China’s Rise as a World Power: Implications for Businesses Worldwide
Business Informative Speech Research Topics
An informative speech is essential for every business. These topics will help you find that next great presentation.
- The History of Business – A Look Back at Key Events
- Business Management Theories and Their Impact on Society
- Ten Common Mistakes Made by New Entrepreneurs
- Successful Marketing Strategies Used by Successful Businesses
- Keys to Designing a Successful Business
- How to Build an A+ Work Culture in Your Company
- The Importance of Teamwork and Collaboration in the Workplace
- Public Speaking Tips for Presenters
- Ten Ways Technology Affects Live Presentations
Business Persuasive Speech Research Topics
When giving a persuasive speech, it is important to remember your audience. The following topics will help you tailor your message and deliver an effective speech.
- The Importance of Ethics in Business
- How to Achieve Greater Work-Life Balance
- Managing Stress in the Workplace
- Negotiation Tips for Every Situation
- Leadership and Management Styles
- Tips for Preventing Employee Burnout and Job Stress
- Ten Ways to Improve Productivity in the Workplace
- Setting Goals: How to Achieve Success Through Accurate Planning
Business Argumentative Research Topics
An argumentative research topic is required when you need justification or proof. A good informative speech requires evidence! The following topics will help you create a well-argued and supported paper.
- Researching Business Theories for Argumentative Papers
- Business Statistics: How to Make Data Tell Your Story
- How to Write an Outstanding Research Paper in Business
- The Importance of Creativity in the Workplace
- What Every 21st Century Worker Should Know
- The Most Important Business Skills Every Employee Should Have
- How to Use Analytics in Your Organization’s Growth
Business Law Research Topics
Business law issues are many and complicated, but an important aspect of business management to be aware of. The following list can hopefully help you with research or just give you a glimpse into this field.
- The Role of Business Lawyers – Types and Roles
- Types and Uses for Contracts in Business
- How Intellectual Property Law Impacts Business Management
- Employment Law – Issues for Employers and Employees
- The Importance of Business Ethics in Decision Making
- Business Fraud – Prevention and Detection
- Debt Collection Laws for Small Businesses
- Buying and Selling a Business – Procedures and Pitfalls to Avoid
- Bankruptcy law for businesses
- Small Claims Court Procedures
- Risk Management for Business Owners
- The Role of Litigation in the Court System
Business Psychology Research Topics
Many people think that psychology and business have nothing to do with one another, but this is far from true. The following list can help you find a research topic or just inform your knowledge on the subject.
- How Emotions Influence Business Decisions
- Why We Do What We Do: Using Psychology in Business Management
- How to Keep Your Employees Engaged and Motivated for Better Performance
- The Importance of Psychological Safety in the Workplace
- Motivation and Employee Retention Strategies for High Performers
- Using Positive Reinforcement to Improve Company Morale
- The Effects of Stress on Business Employees
- Leadership Styles in an Organization and Their Effectiveness
- Feedback – Giving and Receiving it Constructively
- Conflict Resolution in the Workplace
- Organizational Development Methods
Business Communication Research Topics
Communication is key in any business, whether it’s with customers, employees, or other businesses. The following list can help you with research ideas or just give you a better understanding of communication in business.
- The Importance of Communication in Business
- Effective Email Strategies for Business
- Business Etiquette – Dos and Don’ts
- Negotiating with Other Businesses
- Giving Presentations to Customers or Employees
- Building Relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Creating a Communication Plan for Your Business
- Communication Pitfalls to Avoid in Business Settings
- Employee Training and Development – Methods and Strategies
- Nonverbal Communication in the Workplace
- Telecommuting – Pros and Cons for Employers and Employees
Business Research Topics for MBA Students
If you’re an MBA student, the following research topics will be a great starting point for your thesis or dissertation.
- The Role of Technology in Business
- Business Ethics – Contemporary Issues
- Leadership Development Strategies
- Organizational Change Management
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Globalization and Its Effect on Business Practices
- Financial Analysis – Forecasting and Budgeting
- Risk Management Strategies for Business Owners
Business Debate Research Topics
Debate is a great way to learn about different aspects of business and come up with solutions to problems. The following topics can be used for debate, research papers, or just general knowledge.
- The Pros and Cons of Franchising
- Should Corporations Be Required to Give Back to the Community?
- Is Outsourcing Good for Business?
- The Importance of Social Media in Business
- Is Cybersecurity a Threat to Business?
- Employee Engagement Activities That Work
- The Pros and Cons of Working from Home
- Business Process Automation – Blessing or Curse?
Choosing a topic for your research paper is important. There are different topics you can choose from. It should be something that you know about or have skills with. The most important thing is that it interests the reader when they first see it so they want to read more. So, before you pick a topic for your paper, make sure to research it well on the subject matter so you will understand what to write about on your paper.
This list can help you with your research paper. It has many different topics that are related to the business world. It will give you a good starting point for finding something that fits what you would like to write about. If you are looking for a writer for your research paper, you can opt for the Research Paper Writing service at low prices. We are online 24 hours a day.